Friday, June 13, 2008

First One

Well, here it is. The first one: a brand new bouncing baby blog. I'm learning as I go along here, and I suppose this blog will become more sophisticated looking over time (I might start by getting a catchier name for this blog). I look at some other blogs and all the bells and whistles are amazing, if at times confusing. But this will do for now.


So what's this blog about? I don't want it to be about what I had for breakfast (a muffin) or about how I'm running on four hours sleep having stayed up late to watch the Celtics demolish the Lakers, or things like that. I'm a writer, and I want to talk about writing, review some books, as I love doing this and have published a lot of reviews and review articles. I want to talk about teaching in higher education, something I've done for quite a few years now; I love doing this as well, and I'm good at it. I want to talk about politics (I'm a political scientist--though I'm still not sure just what a political scientist is). I want to talk about music (if you know who Guy Clark is, we're on the same wave length; if you don't know who he is--how come?)


Most of all, I think, I want to use this medium to communicate--with other writers, educators, people who not only want to interpret the world but change it as well.


But enough for the first time out. Let me close with this:


TOP TEN REASONS I LOVE BOSTON

10. George V. Higgins

9. No pesky street signs to distract you while you're on the phone driving

8. Holidays nobody else in the country ever heard of (Bunker Hill Day?)

7. July 4th fireworks (great to watch on TV)

6. It's not that far from New York City

5. Robert B. Parker

4. The Celtics

3. The Red Sox

2. Johnny D's

1. My best friends John and Joan, my wife Jeannette, and my son Jesse all live here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heyy its alyssa and chris nice website